Beyonce came, she saw, and she conquered Coachella over the weekend. She is the first woman of color to headline the popular music festival and boy she did NOT disappoint. Queen Bey took the main stage at the music festival in Indio, California for a two-hour performance and turned Coachella into Beychella!!
Beychella featured Beyonce giving us life and celebrating being a black woman! She gave so much #BlackGirlMagic!! Here are the five ways Beyonce turned her set into the blackest set possible at Coachella and why I’m proud to be apart of the Beyhive:
1. She sang the Black National Anthem – “Lift Every Voice and Sing” – I remember singing this song in elementary school, every Friday for assembly.
2. She paid tribute to the HBCU experience by incorporating elements of their culture in her performance with the stage set up, costumes, and marching band.
3. She celebrated the Black Woman’s Body by embracing body positivity and being human during her wardrobe malfunction LOL.
4. She honored her hometown – Houston, Texas with bounce music and a New Orlean’s band sound.
5. She celebrated Black Feminism.
She puts her all in everything that she does and it shows!